homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 21:02:55 -0600

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 1:38 PM, <DSanner106 AT aol.com> wrote:
> My wife did not find the trip to the hospital odd at all, When her water
> broke with our first child,
> I drove from 25 miles south of Atlanta, through Atlanta and about 20 miles
> north to get to a
> hospital she was comfortable with. We drove past at least 40 hospitals to
> get there, was it
> logical?? nope. Was it risky ? Maybe, but as an RN she did not think it
> was
> much of a risk. I
> imagine Palin had been working closely with a doctor knowing this would be
> special needs child
> and wanted that doctor to deliver. The plane trip was a bit more extreme of
> course, but we don't
> know all the details either.

It's beyond belief that a woman who has had four children already
would have an invisible pregnancy (neither her staff nor her family
were told about the pregnancy until she was 7 months pregnant, and no
one noticed a baby bump), fly (with one stopover in the Northwest) to
Anchorage after he water has broken, and then drive past a high risk
nursery for more than an hour to deliver the baby in a low-tech clinic
(where there are no records of his birth). Oh, yeah, and then the
governor was back at work on Monday. Personally, I think she found a
Down baby somewhere that needed a good home. The poor baby was treated
as a mascot during the campaign and seemed to have been placed in the
care of Piper, who was almost too small to drag him around. Now that
the campaign is over maybe the kid will get some decent care. I'm
hoping that we hear no more fairy tales from a woman who could spin
one like the birth of Trig.

Marie