homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 21:38:22 -0600

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:08 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well did you just get back from partying at Grant Park (I don't know your
> proximity)? What kind of dog do you think BO will get his little girls?
> ....bobford

Hah! I don't do crowds. Obama has been to Springfield twice during
this campaign, and I took a miss on both of those occasions (although
after he won the Senate race and was doing a fly-around to thank folks
I happened to be in town when he stopped off in Springfield, so I
stopped by the airport to shake his hand - - there wasn't what you'd
call a crowd there to greet him). Chicago, where I lived for 10 years
in exile, is 4 hours away, if you have a heavy foot.

I had a migraine last night that disabled me just about the time Obama
took the podium in Grant Park. I heard him speak, but I can't say I
listened to him. Today, I kind of floated around. My theory is that a
huge migraine causes an equally huge endorphin dump and the after
effect is more or less like shooting up (not something I've personally
experienced), not unpleasant but mildly debilitating.

I thank Bev for the congratulations that she offered so generously
last night. The amount of vitriol on this list is saddening to me. The
rift between people I care for and respect and others that I care for
equally needs to be mended. Perhaps in a week or two or three, we can
work on that. Or maybe not.

I like hearing from people who share many of my interests and concerns
(and who have the range of skills I find here) and who also have a
political outlook different from mine. I hope we can all keep talking.
And, damn!, I hope that Gene and Bev, two of my favorite people on the
list, kiss and make up.

Marie