homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:57:15 -0600

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> Oh, Lordy, Bob, that's an easy answer. You are generally seeing the worst
> of the female population. Nothing they love more than being able to "dis"
> another female. Nasty, yowling, claws drawn bunch of embarassment. What
> you are seeing is what every female has seen from *almost* every female boss
> they've ever had to deal.

I think you may have had some really unfortunate experiences. My best
bosses have been female (and I've been blessed with a couple of good
male ones too). Right now my boss's boss is a female who ought to be
dropped in the moat with the alligators, but she's a case of a person
who was never in management who jumped into a fairly high-level job.
She has no clue. That -- among other things -- may have been a big
part of the Palin disaster: Alaska really is a small pond.

Marie