homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who's Da Best
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:34:42 -0700

On Nov 5, 2008, at 12:10 PM, DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

He was. Like it or not, Ayres was a terrorist, admits to it and brags about
it, just read his books.

I accept that because I have no interest in the guy. I take your word for it. I have no positive feelings for the guy whatsoever. I do not support what he did. I have no interest in him at all, except for the assertions by the McCain campaign of his relationship with Obama, assertions clearly intended to make people think that Obama supported criminal actions.

Both Obama and his wife have multiple connections to
Ayres and his wife.

I believe they live within four or five blocks of each other. They are all Democrats, I presume. Obama and Ayers both taught, perhaps at the same university. Obama was invited to a coffee at Ayers house some years back. Anything more that you know about?

One does not have to be blood
brothers with someone to be seen as paling around.

Of course not, but perhaps definition is why I am so flabbergasted and dismayed at what people have made of this non-relationship. I have a pretty broad knowledge of the American version of the English language, have lived in many towns and cities and states. The phrase "paling around with" means two people who spend social time together on a regular basis.

I find no basis for the assertion that Obama paled around with Ayers.

Gutter politics will continue as long as voters accept it. The votes just counted give me hope.