homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da Best, now derision of politicians

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Who's Da Best, now derision of politicians
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:41:29 -0500

Yeah, that

On Nov 5, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

So the idea that one would deliberately, in a 5th, and known at- risk, > pregnancy, in such circumstances get on a multi-hour flight where no > facilities or medical care is available, calls into question one's > ability to make good judgment/s.

My point exactly. I can't think of any spin to put on it that doesn't show bad judgement. Perhaps there is a lot more to the story (I think there is), but I can't see how more details would make it any better. A baby's safety is far more important than the mother's comfort, but she didn't even check with a Texas doctor or hospital before taking an 8-hour flight while in labor (one month premature). That's not the kind of decision-making I'd like to see in a national leader. There are many politicians who have made what I consider bad judgements in their lives, cheating on their spouses, shady business deals, etc. and I look at what those decisions say about them, too.

Lynn Wigglesworth