homestead - Re: [Homestead] voter fraud

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] voter fraud
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:41:11 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Bev; if we can't get rid of a wildly unpopular President like Bush, I doubt that we'd get rid of any other unpopular president. Bush has (from what I've read...I don't know the law) done things for which he can be prosecuted, but he's still there.

That doesn't make me feel better.

I just read an article in the 11\03\08 Time magazine about "7 things that could go wrong on election day"
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1853246_1853243,00.html

There is a big difference between registration fraud and voter fraud.
From the article, it sounded like it's difficult to vote fraudulently. It sounded like more likely problems will be that people have been mistakenly purged, or the machine isn't working or loses votes, or there's a long line, so people give up.

I disagree that it is difficult to vote fraudulently. By Florida's own admission, there are 30000 convincted felons registered to vote and who will vote, but that should not. They do not want to remove these people from the lists because there might be a few who actually are eligible to vote.
Also, right here on the list, there are people that could, if they had bad intentions, easily vote in two places.
Good article..
I have to go to Rome today..will be back later to continue..

Bev

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda