homestead - Re: [Homestead] voter fraud

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] voter fraud
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:33:54 -0400

Bev; if we can't get rid of a wildly unpopular President like Bush, I
doubt that we'd get rid of any other unpopular president. Bush has (from
what I've read...I don't know the law) done things for which he can be
prosecuted, but he's still there.

I just read an article in the 11\03\08 Time magazine about "7 things
that could go wrong on election day"
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1853246_1853243,00.html

There is a big difference between registration fraud and voter fraud.
From the article, it sounded like it's difficult to vote fraudulently.
It sounded like more likely problems will be that people have been
mistakenly purged, or the machine isn't working or loses votes, or
there's a long line, so people give up.

From the article:
"We can go to the moon, split atoms to power submarines, squeeze profits
from a 99 cent hamburger and watch football highlights on cell phones.
But the most successful democracy in human history has yet to figure out
how to conduct a proper election. As it stands, the American voting
system is a worrisome mess, a labyrinth of local, state and federal laws
spotted with bewildered volunteers, harried public officials, partisan
distortions, misdesigned forms, malfunctioning machines and
polling-place confusion. Each time, problems pop up on the margins; if
the election is close, these problems matter a great deal."

Lynn Wigglesworth