homestead - Re: [Homestead] voter fraud

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] voter fraud
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:22:02 -0500

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 2:01 PM, <rayzentz AT aim.com> wrote:
> Actually, part of the purpose of the electoral college was also to balance
> power between big and small states (population wise).?? I like it, because
> as a resident of a "small" state, it gives me more of a voice than I would
> otherwise have.?? Otherwise, one would only need to campaign in the cities.

Which, of course, is anti-democratic, which OTOH hand, may not be a
bad thing. Perhaps it would help if civics was taught in school again
and the suggestions in the piece Gene found about the government
encouraging voter registration were followed. It's not clear how large
the turnout is going to be this year, but it seems to already have
reached a historic high just in early voting.

Marie, who will vote on election day -- if everyone in the precinct
were in line the minute the polls open at 6 AM, we could be done
before 7.