homestead - Re: [Homestead] rural friends

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] rural friends
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:35:58 -0400

bob ford wrote:
Thanks bev; she likes gardening and animals and reading. Those are
three rural activities. She likes to visit wild nature, not so sure
how 'permanent' would work.

You clean up the 'wildness' and make a small 'civilized' area suitable for her gardening pursuits. You make small havens in the wild setting, places for her to read and enjoy the scenery.

I have my eye on a piece of property that has no utilities. But it
is beuatiful, will probably visiit in springtime, if I don't change
my mind three times before then. How is goverbnmental aggravation:
codes, zoning, etc, where you live in northern GA.? ....bobford

Codes and zoning vary, but where I am, even if something is 'on the books' like a county leash law, it is not enforced. You really shouldn't have any problem finding land secluded enough or zoned for agriculture. Codes are a bit tougher, but we can still built earthsheltered in my county. However, you are still technically required to have a septic tank or be connected to the sewer where it is available.(in towns) If where you are looking is near me, I'll find out what I can. I recall from a phone conversation that we had a couple of years ago that you were looking here at one time..just let me know.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda