homestead - Re: [Homestead] rural friends

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] rural friends
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:37:00 -0400

bob ford wrote:
Bev, I think you are not understanding just how rural I want to be.
I used Zanoni as an example becuase it is quite a drive to
gainsville, which is very small itself.

I've been to Gene's Heartwood. It reminds me of my own home turf. I am not quite as far out-I don't think, but I have just as much privacy and seclusion.
Gainesville? Why would anyone looking for culture go to Gainesville..I believe West Plains is about 30 miles or less-from memory it seemed about 30 minutes away. I am 30 minutes from town, one way Calhoun, the other way Rome, but the distance is a bit less..

How large is the town near you?.

35K

When you first moved there did you
know pwoplw already? Like if you or Ron had family there, that makes
a difference.

We knew absolutely zero people here. Family was two hours away.

I want to live in the real "woods". I think my wife could handle it
and only go into town once a week, if she made a few friends to visit
occasionally.

Later tonight, I will put a aerial shot of my place up on myspace. I'm gonna watch West Side Story(the original), and then I will do it.
My friends, because I don't get out that much are mostly neighbors. I have lost contact with most of my city friends, whom I never had much in common with anyway.

Bob, does your wife enjoy gardening, sewing, or anything that might in any way be considered a rural pasttime?

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda