homestead - Re: [Homestead] He thinks he's country; she sounds city

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] He thinks he's country; she sounds city
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:20:43 -0800

Welllllll, sounds like what you are looking for is more where I live than in the "wilds" of the more Eastern states <g>

No address.
Library
Tennis courts
Pool
Coffee shop
Health food store
Two grocery stores
Feed store
Lumber yard
Dairy store
Mexican restaurant
Florist
Video store
Two hair salons
Old-fashioned cafe
Thrift store
General store
Pizza joint
Bakery
Post office
Medical clinic
and for socialization, churches, gardening club, Rotory Club, quilting group and several other things run by the local ladies. Plus a bunch of other stuff. Population 1800.

Next town over has all of the above and:

Starbucks
Bookstores
Reperatory theater
Movie theater
Two or three museums
Genealogy society
Hospital
College satellite campus

However, a lot of the places there do have addresse but you can get places within 30 minutes that are still technically addressless.

Now, if you want to travel a little 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the time of year and your car, you can be in the "big" city with all kinds of "stuff" going on.

Although we sort of have an address now, we aren't on GPS and no one local can find us without a map and determination. In fact, the local CDF can't even find us <g>

You just have to shop around, Bob. What you're looking for IS out there!

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

I'll answer within your message. My answers will be marked with asteriks: bobford