homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lloyd Kahn's latest

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lloyd Kahn's latest
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:25:28 -0400

On Oct 24, 2008, at 5:53 PM, <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

The song is "Little Boxes on the Hillside"

"And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same."
Woodie Guthrie sang it, I'm quite sure.

I don't know if the song was about some place in California, but the early BIG expansive housing development I remember was in New Jersey, I think. I can't remember the name of it, but in the early 70's I flew over it in a helicopter. I was appalled. Literally mile after mile of identical little boxes exactly as the song describes. It took some pictures of the place, but it's such a chilling scene, I have never printed the negatives.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.