homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lloyd Kahn's latest

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lloyd Kahn's latest
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:13:04 -0700

On Oct 24, 2008, at 2:48 PM, bob ford wrote:

The problem , many times, is building inspectors stomp on creative ideas. I know they are there to make sure the habitat is sturdy and safe, but they tend to bind you to ways of which they are familiar.

Homes built by owners on rural code-free property are as sunlight to darkness compared to urban tract homes.

One of your criteria for finding rural property should be low taxes. Low taxes are strong indicators of minimal bureaucracy. In my chosen county in Missouri there is no code enforcement for the simple reason that the state does not provide funds for same and we county voters would never assess ourselves to create such a loss of freedom.