homestead - Re: [Homestead] rural friends

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] rural friends
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:51:19 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks bev; she likes gardening and animals and reading. Those are three
rural activities. She likes to visit wild nature, not so sure how
'permanent' would work.

When I say "culture", I mean it in terms of doing things off site, away from
the homeplace; which would usually involve other people. I'm not talking
about the things you can do in a city (I can be in probably the most
respected American Indian Museum, inthe country, in five minutes).

I know those type things require longer "trips". Thatt really wasn't waht
I meant by "culture".I should have used another term . My wife and I will
not be visiting bars or churches (well, she might go to mass, occasionally).
Those ot two common meeting places, rural or not.

I'm a bit eccentric, I could almost be a hermit, even without internet
access, but, I really would not like giving up internet access totally, .
worst case, once or twice a month, I could go to town to a library or
internet cafe.

I have my eye on a piece of property that has no utilities. But it is
beuatiful, will probably visiit in springtime, if I don't change my mind
three times before then. How is goverbnmental aggravation: codes, zoning,
etc, where you live in northern GA.? ....bobford