homestead - Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Things one could long for in the country
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:52:44 -0400

> The internet has put most used book shops out of business, regardless of
> location. I used to love to prowl through the "ghost" book stores in New
> Orleans. I am a compulsive book buyer. I force my self not to buy books
> anymore. That is one of my drawbacks in moving. Thousands and thousands
> of books, and periodicals.......bobford

Amazon and the brown trucks. I even hold some stock in Amazon.

I had to get rid of several piles of magazines and about a thousand books
when we sold the house. I still have well over a thousand books in storage.
Every time I return to storage I have to off load books even after leaving
some along the way. I am dropping several off here on my son. I am a
voracious reader with a never satisfied sense of coursity.

Don Bowen KI6DIU