homestead - Re: [Homestead] Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:11:40 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be honest, I've never heard of the group in
which you were raised. I will try to find some information on the web.

I guess maybe it is like pentecostals being made fun of and called 'holy
rollers', etc. Or maybe ins some areas Amish are laughed at.

I've never understood that kind of prejudice. There are unusual tenants in
practically every religion, worldview, etc. I have a friend that was raised
in a very old but small swedish religion of which I had never heard (I can't
remeber the name, it is some small branch of swedish Christianity)

p.s. I took german one semester in college (I remeber nothing, except that
there are many similarities to english if you look closely). Very mean
professor, everyone called "frau b*tch" ......bobford