homestead - Re: [Homestead] Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:21:10 -0800

He's been actively courting La Raza and showing up at places that no one who is an honest politician would show their faces.

And, in CA, traditionally, they only way black and Hispanic come together is in a blood bath of opposing gangs!

It's call modern times Alinsky.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

I'm with you Lynn. One thing I read said that in all polls McCain was leading with white men by over 20 points and with white women by 8 points. White people still have the plurality.

I live in a city with a lot of Mexican immigrants. At least here, Mexicans are very prejudiced against black people. I just don't see the majority of Mexicans voting for a black man , unless they feel there will be a big payoff.

Black people make up about 12 % of our population, they will vote almost 100% for Obama.

I just don't see people in my life experience (which is quite diverse and varied) voting for Obama in the numbers the polls show. But, when I see crowds like the other day in Missouri, it really almost seems like old time Billy Grham revivals, pulling in everyone to share the moment.