homestead - Re: [Homestead] Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:42:15 -0700 (PDT)

I'm with you Lynn. One thing I read said that in all polls McCain was
leading with white men by over 20 points and with white women by 8 points.
White people still have the plurality.

I live in a city with a lot of Mexican immigrants. At least here, Mexicans
are very prejudiced against black people. I just don't see the majority of
Mexicans voting for a black man , unless they feel there will be a big
payoff.

Black people make up about 12 % of our population, they will vote almost
100% for Obama.

I just don't see people in my life experience (which is quite diverse and
varied) voting for Obama in the numbers the polls show. But, when I see
crowds like the other day in Missouri, it really almost seems like old time
Billy Grham revivals, pulling in everyone to share the moment.

I don't have a clue :-) ............bobford