homestead - Re: [Homestead] Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Newsweek -- "A one point race" ?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:31:49 -0800

I began to distrust polls when I took a statistical math class back in the dark ages <g> I was finished with polls a few years ago when I was called by "a major polling company" and when my answers weren't going the way they wanted, they said niced "well, thank you for your time, you aren't part of the demographics we were looking for."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

I'm seriously starting to wonder about polls. Different sources seem to
have a poll to prove whatever they want. Realclearpolitics has the
average of 6 recent polls and shows Obama up by 10.7 points in
Pennsylvania. The lowest poll in their list has Obama ahead by 8 points.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/pa/pennsylvania_mccain_vs_obama-244.html