homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun rights, was Re: Video about Obama

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun rights, was Re: Video about Obama
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

The issue before the court is an attempt to decide if
the second amendment refers to the collective or to
the individual.
I believe past supreme court decisions were that the
right to firearms was collective for militias and thus
allowed more restrictions than will be if they decide
in this case that it is an individual right.
Van Dell