homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 05:35:34 -0700

On Mar 30, 2008, at 7:19 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Yup. Hey, do you get dictionary.com's word of the day? Kowtow was the
featured word last week. It's Chinese in origin, did you know that?
It's what you do before the Supreme One-prostrate yourself...lol..seriously.

I guess I should subscribe. Then I would have known not to hyphenate.

Bev, your bias is loud and clear. We got it. Smoking kills people. It
kills their lungs and it weakens their immune system so they get
sick from other problems more easily. You are manifesting the highly
intelligent human who subverts their intelligence to their emotions
on a serious matter.

And you aren't biased? Let's change the word smoking to
beerdrinking....see?

Yeah, but I would not drink beer if studies showed that it is likely to kill me.

Gene, if I may, why do you only spend summers at Heartwood?

Well, Bev, three divorces reduce one's finances. I mention it in my book. Chris and I came to Phoenix to make money. I am now retired. She is not. I only come here in the winter--when Heartwood weather is not conducive to gardening and building--to be with Chris.