homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:28:56 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:
On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
Oh, I'll bet the Vietnam vets who were out and anti-McCain back in '92 will
be out again with complete ads on the FIVE planes he wrecked and the 134
people he killed by doing a cold start when there wasn't any need

Well, of course, and they should be out. The people need to know these
things and then put it all in perspective. We want to know all the
questionable stuff, whether it's wrecking planes or smoking weed.
Character is a key requirement, if not THE key requirement for a president. Funny that Gene would title a post character about the same time as I was writing this...a TZ moment perhaps? ;)

and the
reason why he stayed in Vietnam which isn't the reason he gives *now* and
that is politically acceptable.

Hmmm. I wasn't aware of two reasons. Please expand on this.

I admit that I'm completely ignorant about this side of McCain. I work
with a former Navy guy who wonders often and loudly why McCain was
able to survive 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton when the average survival
time was much lower (something like 2 years, I think).

I have oft wondered that one myself.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky