homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:47:34 -0800

And this would be just one more reason I think the public school system needs to be dismantled. You have a bunch of kids voicing opinions based on what? Reality or sound bites because they aren't capable of thinking beyond the moment.

These are the same kids that believe in Snoop Dog and Tupac. They get involved because of rap music.

Go to parts of the South and the KKK "gets people involved." Come out here and head a little north and the White Supremists "get people involved."

Seriously, is this really want you want for the future of this country? Sorry, I think that reasoning is just plain insane!

Ya know, the guy reminds me of Jim Jones and, and dare I say, Hitler! Carisma. Pretty speeches. They got people involved also.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IldaegAB0

This is what I'm talking about in terms of perception. This is a video
of NYC high school kids talking about Obama. They believe in him.

Whatever we think about him, I am happy to see this. You know, his
donation base...it's millions of people sending $25. Not 25
billionaires sending millions of dollars. I think there's a lot to be
said for that. People are galvanized. I think that's important.
Especially when it might, just might, get marginally better, and the
fact of the matter is, electing the other two, which is what would
happen, would just get us more business as usual.

We don't have to love him, but someone's but is going to be in the
seat. Why not someone who gets people involved?

Celia