homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:32:23 -0500

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:27 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I didn't mean to imply that I think we should boycott, only that I have
> heard whispers of such. I agree with you guys-the athletes should have
> a chance..and speaking of th Olympics, has anyone heard the latest as to
> whether or not China has decided to allow them to be televised live or not?

On the way home tonight I heard on the radio (I think it was BBC
news) that the European Union is trying to work up a boycott. I think
the athletes who have joined together to promote information about the
various human rights violations are taking a more useful route. The
Euopean Union could just, for example, get more excited about Darfur
themselves.

Marie