homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:56:03 -0800

Well, the youngest and only kidlet still at home is 15, shortly to be 16.
However, she isn't public schooled. So, she isn't indoctrinated, even by me
<g>

She watches television strickly for entertainment and she reads newspapers,
mainly on the net because they have become so bloominge expensive to get
sent here. She reads her news from national newspapers, regional
newspapers, local newspapers and papers from several countries including
Russia, China, Japan, Belgium, Lebanon, Palestine, South Africa, Brazil,
Portugal and I don't remember where and all else.

She doesn't accept what is on the news as gospel.

And you have hit the nail on the head about these public schooled kids "they
*see* nothing duplicitous or devious in that message." Why? Because they
have never been taught to think for themselves. They accept whatever they
are told and choose to believe everything their current idol tells them.
They are absolutely ripe for 1984 or Soilant Green!

Plus, I don't think they understand the American Ideal. How can they when
they are clueless about America's history and are so willing to be led
UNQUESTIONINGLY to slaughter like lambs? This whole election isn't about
the American Ideal to the vast majority of them. It is just one big block
party and everything is peachy as long as everyone has their iPod charged
and there iPhone working.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

*sigh*

I have a 14 yo. Although we talk politics, my daughter would rather
shave her head in public than say some of the things those kids were
saying about loving their country and wanting to be part of a change.
You guys can dismiss that as drivel because you don't like the fact
they were being "brainwashed". If I could whip up that much
enthusiasm for the common good and a will for change this country's
downward turn, I'm all for it.

The MESSAGE maybe jaded. We all may be jaded. The point is, those kids
are not. Not in the same way. They want to go out and make the world a
better place and they see nothing duplicitous or devious in that
message. I don't care who gets them to do it. I hear America singing.
Hope, there is hope.
Our kids still understand the American Ideal, they have not been
beaten down and warped and damaged as much as we have.