homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who DO I want?

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who DO I want?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:30:51 -0400

On Mar 29, 2008, at 11:56 AM, EarthNSky wrote:

Dearest Moon,
Countless numbers of your brethren have felt likewise .

So why does Roy not like where you are?

Actually, Roy does like it here (that would be me.) There is a lot going for the place we have, except the size of the mortgage and the size of the land. I think we need more land (we have 5 acres). We have just gone from 8 sheep to about 20, and I am not sure the grass we have will support them all.

VA, WV, MD area would seem good
to me. I think you would still have 4 seasons there, no?

Yes, more or less. Winter can be yuk. Snow lasts only a little while and often turns to rain before quitting, then melts into muck. Quite likely the winter farther south would be milder, and certainly the summer/growing season quite a bit longer than New England.

Roy