homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:10:00 -0400

*sigh*

I have a 14 yo. Although we talk politics, my daughter would rather shave her head in public than say some of the things those kids were saying about loving their country and wanting to be part of a change. You guys can dismiss that as drivel because you don't like the fact they were being "brainwashed". If I could whip up that much enthusiasm for the common good and a will for change this country's downward turn, I'm all for it.

The MESSAGE maybe jaded. We all may be jaded. The point is, those kids are not. Not in the same way. They want to go out and make the world a better place and they see nothing duplicitous or devious in that message. I don't care who gets them to do it. I hear America singing. Hope, there is hope.
Our kids still understand the American Ideal, they have not been beaten down and warped and damaged as much as we have.

(And no, there is nothing in my morning coffee but coffee and a shot of Whitman.)