homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:32:22 -0800

How many kids do you have? I've seen elections used in classrooms since the 50s and kids getting all excited about it. The difference is television and MySpace and YouTube. 50 years ago you didn't have a dozen different talking heads and cable t.v. and all the other nonsense AND you didn't have t.v. crews going onto campuses and into classrooms.

I think you are noticing it perhaps because you have kid(s) that age?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

: ) I totally agree with everything you've said. *nodsnodsnods* I'm
not saying it's great. I'm saying, I'm thrilled it's a *start*. I have
no idea what should come next and I'll tell you, if my kid was given
only one candidate's information to discuss, I'd be pissed and say so.
But you have to start the fire someplace. Maybe this is it. I just
know it's more than I've seen other 14 yos say. It's the very first
step in the process, that's all. Yes, yes, yes, to everything else
you've said.