homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:28:22 -0400

I don't disbelieve you, James, but if you've got a link I'd love to read it. It would make me sad, but I'd like to know.

I don't really expect them to know everything. If they knew everything, they'd be jaded too, that's my point. That teacher, for better or worse, got them excited. Excited. He used the man to engage them because sure, he's a lot closer to their demographic, so I don't blame them. But they are excited about fairness and justice for all. I just don't see the downside. If the enthusiasm sticks they will educate themselves as they go along, one hopes. Take the Obama out and sub any of the others, that's ok with me.

I'd give me eyeteeth to see my 14 yo kid impassioned about the process. I started a bit younger with Sophie. Roy thinks I should probably not have taught her to "boo" any time she heard the name "Bush".