homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:51:54 EDT

> You guys can dismiss that as drivel because you don't like the fact
> they were being "brainwashed". If I could whip up that much
> enthusiasm for the common good and a will for change this country's
> downward turn, I'm all for it.

Celia, my exposure to "news" (not, wink, nudge) is ecclectic. I listen to
talk radio and NPR and everything in between.

Some of the skeptics found some of those ethusiastic teenagers and quizzed
them,

"Why are you for Obama?"
"Because he's for change"
"Changing from what to what?"
"You know, change, like, we need change, you know?"
"What is it you want to change?"
"The way things are."
"How are they?"
"Bad."
"Name me one thing that's bad and needs changing."
"Well, things, you know, stuff, there's a war or something and some other
stuff that needs changing."
"What do you want to change it to?"
"Ah ... better stuff."

And so on. The interviews showed that those enthusiastic teenagers didn't
know the name of the current vice president, did not know here Iraq was on
the
globe, did not know who John McCain was, did not know what a euro was, etc.

Pardon us, but to so many of us that looks like brainwashing.
</HTML>