homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:02:41 -0400

When I was in the second grade-7 years old, we voted in the "school election". My elementary school, in 1968, elected George Wallace as President of the United States. I told you it was a conservative hotbed....lol...
It was my first exposure to politics...and what a confusing time it was..people dying...everywhere...politics and war...I can't say I was excited about it, just confused enough about what was going on to refer back to the folks for guidance. I think they voted for Humphrey...I think, in the school election, I voted for Wallace because everyone else was excited about him...
There's a lesson there somewhere...hmmm.

Bev

Lynda wrote:
How many kids do you have? I've seen elections used in classrooms since the 50s and kids getting all excited about it. T
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky