homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:53:10 -0500

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> It also seems to me that our current system blocks Constitutional
> intent. There are many political parties, but the Democrats and
> Republicans essentially write them out of the process with the full
> complicity of MSM. Follow the money.

The Founding Fathers didn't want political parties, so they set up a
system that assumed there would be none. Parties developed
nonetheless, and the way our votes are counted ensures that we will
have a two party system.

However, without re-writing the constitution, we could have a better
system by adopting instant run-off voting. For more information go to
http://instantrunoff.com/

Marie