homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama Need for Change Happy Easter

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama Need for Change Happy Easter
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:38:19 -0800

Actually, you would be more right than you, or at least I think, intended.

Here's the condundrum I find myself in the middle of. I, alas to say, fell for the "pretty speech" back in 2004. DH had never heard of the guy and I *superficially* looked at his record in IL and at that point thought "WOW"!!!!!!! I even went so far as to say "this is a man that shouldn't be given the speech, he should BE the reason for the convention."

Silly me, I was sooooo tired of the whole atmosphere of Peter Principle in the white house that I forgot my own oft repeated mantra -- do your homework!

About a year ago I read his book and then decided I better do my homework. I also started listening to his current speeches.

What you see is well practiced in front of a mirror. AFTER he's watched speeches from JFK, Bobbie Kennedy and Martin Luther King! Not one of his speeches is well practiced and the vast majority have pulled from the speeches of other people. His rhetoric has changed as he's seen what gets the applause for other speakers. He now has his campaign haul a bunch of American flags along with them to park behind him. He couldn't have gotten anymore flags on that stage for his race speech if he'd used a shoehorn!

They call Clinton Slick Willy. Ha! Compared to Obama he's dull as a lump of coal! In fact, Obama could probably teach Rove a thing or two. However, being slick and giving good speeches is NOT going to get this country out of a recession or earn the respect of other leaders!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

Frank, I'd say that's the real point. But unfortunately Obama is no change
at all except in appearances. His policies that would affect the direction of
the country as almost identical to those of Clinton and McCain. He has no
clue, demonstrates no clue, about the underlying cause of the current financial
crisis. He thinks we can ethanol our way out of peak oil. He promises the
manufacturing areas that he can get the jobs to come back.

All those things utterly exactly like his opponents.