homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Barak Obama
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:17:50 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:

> That many people that have no interest in religion are suddenly
interested in the man's preacher's politics rather than the man's
politics. The same people have no interested in the other candidates
religion or lack thereof.

Both McCain and Clinton have their own connections that definitely cross
politics and religion. McCain has allied himself with two preachers who have
strong ideas on Israel and Islam that could definitely shape our foreign
policy.

Exactly. All politicians do. This is human nature. We can't seem to separate the two in our thoughts.
What we, as voters, have to do is to look at the religious links and decide if they are important to us first, and then, if they will be important to the world.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky