homestead - Re: [Homestead] Do You Love Your Community? Was: The Truth About Organic Gardening

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Do You Love Your Community? Was: The Truth About Organic Gardening
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:22:58 -0500

> Forgot to say that VA is changing, slightly. Jim Webb (D) won in the last
> race for the Senate and the popular former Governor, Mark Warner, a
> Democrat, is running for the seat being vacated by Sen. John Warner (R).

Ditto on that. I find Virginia really conservative coming from South
Florida, but that's to be expected. I live in a more rural area than
Floyd County. I sometimes yearn for what Floyd has, but then I like to
be out of the way of all that activity. I find people here to be
pretty progressive in some ways. Got to be careful in introducing new
foods and if you "look" different that is going to be a big challenge.
By look, I mean things, like heavy tattoed bodies, peircings, dress
off the norm. Race, marital status, religion; that stuff is not much
of an issue. Certain accents can be hard on the ear.

Rob - Va