homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:24:50 -0500

Yes, that's how it's done (or at least how I prepare them). However in some questionable restaurants I'm not so sure they don't reheat the left over beans the next day by putting them back into the skillet. So perhaps this is where the "re" in refried comes in?

They don't mention (nor can I taste) beer in the cooking of borracho beans, but it seems highly plausible. There are roadside stands here selling "beer butt chicken" where they invert the bird over an opened beer can during the cooking. I have no idea if this is a nation-wide backwoods phenomenon, or indigenous to my canyon.

--Sage

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:44:57 -0700 (PDT)