homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food Security

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food Security
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:48:08 -0800

Ah geez, did ya have to go and make me agree with James? I mean, Marie, what did I ever do to you??? <g>

Yes, millions manage to survive public schol, inspite of public school. And, some kids actually thrive there but they are the exception.

There is NO local control over public schools and hasn't been since the feds got involved in the whole education game.

I worked with the public school system and the feds. I set up the training sessions so your administrators could gleefully set about "building concensus."

In fact, to truly understand what has been the process, you'd need to go back to the 40s and the formation of the National Training Laboratories in Group Development which was to become The National Training Laboratories for Applied Behavioral Sciences under the benign sounding Education Association Adult Education Services.

And that has what to do with schools you might ask. Well, if you have anything to do with public schools you have to have heard of the NEA, yes? no? And guess who the NTLABS became a associated with in 1962. Yup, the NEA!

Which leads us to Sensitivity Training -- psychological techniques and programs dsigned to change the standards, attitudes and behavior of individuals -- and Delphi Technique which morphed into the Alinsky Method -- a method of preserving the illusion that parents or the community's through participation in the decision making process are making the decisions.

Seminars funded by your tax dollars train "change agents" or "facilitators" to manipulate group dynamics. They act as "organizers." They form "task forces." They have people "make lists." Divide and conquer. They polarize folks and the group(s) whose ideas aren't what was predetermined to be desirable are made to look angry, ridiculous and unreasonable. The group who comes up with the idea(s) that lead where the facilitator wants the group to go are pointed out as "sensible," "calm," "rational."

And, yes, some of us have made changes in our communities. However, since some of us know about DT and AM, we are able to disrupt the process of coming to preset conclusions.

However, it is an uphill battle when one is dealing with sheople. Most don't recognize manipulation. Haven't a clue what reframing is. Wouldn't know a strawman from a scarecrow.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

That is such a profound over-generalization that I can't decide quite
how to address it. Millions have gone through public schools and come
through with their ability to live a useful life intact. Yes, public
schools are not perfect, but they are one of the few public
institutions that remain under local control (and, yes, I'm aware of
NCLB because I work with it every day). If public schools are messed
up it's because the communities that support them are messed up. They
are also one of the only venues that children who come from
dysfunctional families can make any progress and see that life as they
know it at home is not the norm.

Schools are famous for being factories for robots who will occupy work
stations in future factories. They can only be that when the community
agrees and supports the mission. Since we all have the right of free
speech (at least this week so far as I've heard), if you don't like
the status quo, you're free to change it in your community. Have you?