homestead - Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT SOFTCOM.NET>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:54:53 -0700

Keep an eye out for when grocery stores are remodeling. Frequently they'll pay you to haul away the old fridges! Or at least the old compressors.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "VAN DELL JORDAN" <vdjor AT yahoo.com>

Gene, I share your dream, thinking it might even be
practical if selling meat becomes part of the farm
operations.
I haven't investigated the cost partly because I'm
very sure that it will be too expensive. Might as
well keep the dream alive for a while...LOL.

Bye the way, has anyone harvested or considered
considered harvesting natural ice?
My greatgrandfater had an ice house near a pond. My
brother still has the homemade icebox.

Van Dell