homestead - Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:28:27 -0400

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I know the solid top ranges are supposed to overcome some of those objections, but those suckers are expensive and we're a rather rough
lot in the kitchen with our iron cookware.

I don't think I would like those solid top things. I have also heard
that you can't use cast iron or heavy pots on them, and that pretty much
rules them out for me, too. We don't have gas or propane here, but if
we did, I would definitely prefer a gas range and water heater over
electric. There is a lot to be said for that "cooking with gas" effect.

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W