homestead - Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:45:29 -0700

Small world. My dad worked for Pigs Goats and Elephants, or Poor GD
Employees, as the employees called them, for 35 years. However, he wouldn't
own a gas stove or gas dryer. Nor would Tee, one of DH's friend that worked
in the gas division in Sonoma County where he worked for them for over 30
years.

We spent many a summer at the cabins on the lake that P.G. & E. owned and
many a Christmas at the parties for employees' children. And back in those
days, I rode along with him. That would be before the days of paranoia
about ride alongs.

Electric induction stoves are more efficient and that is from unbiased
information for anyone to read.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>