homestead - Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:32:43 -0400

I recall a Tvo post on making an icehouse and harvesting ice. Since it
did not apply to me here in Georgia, I did not save it, but perhaps an
archive search would pull it up. I just remember something about
insulating with sawdust.

Bev

Warren F. Smith wrote:

Bye the way, has anyone harvested or considered considered
harvesting natural ice? My greatgrandfater had an ice house near
a pond. My brother still has the homemade icebox.

Van Dell

Now that you mention it I'm curious about this, too. People should
get some advantage, no matter how small, in return for having to live
up North.

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W