homestead - Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Propane versus electric
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:02:31 -0500

There is a refrigerator on the market that uses about
the electricity of a hundred watt bulb. The
catch?...it costs $12000.00.

Thanks for the opportunity to repost my dream of a walk-in refrigerator, a super-insulated closet with small doors opening to a kitchen counter from whence items are extracted without opening a large door and letting all that coolth spill out. One day I will find a refrigeration expert who I can convince to build the cooling equipment.