homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our shameful infant mortality rate

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our shameful infant mortality rate
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:37:41 -0500

I guess I just imagined the "ALL" in the run on sentence?

Lynda, I have a hard time believing that you operate on this intellectual level. Of the people I know personally, 'all' applies. It's just the way it worked out. I included that to show that I had a basis for bringing up the connection between obesity and infant mortality. But that is an entirely different thing from attempting to counter my posit by saying that I hold that any and all down to the last instance of infant mortality is directly due to obesity. If I hadn't read a lot of your stuff on this list and others, I might write you off as just a few sandwiches short of a picnic in your mental acumen when you address a discussion thus: set up a straw man by restating my observations in ridiculous terms - that is, I am saying that ALL infant deaths are due to obesity, and then shooting down that straw man and thinking you have somehow countered the point. You usually do better than that. In fact *I* could do better than that against my own position.

James