homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our shameful infant mortality rate

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our shameful infant mortality rate
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:23:03 -0700

At 11:45 AM 1/12/05 -0700, you wrote:

>>Oh! I forgot one thing I was going to add to my story, and that is a
>>picture of Michael today. This is the on-line Christmas Greeting I made
>>from pics throughout the year. Michael is the littlest one with brown hair
>>and often a messy face. We are still trying to get him to learn to eat by
>>mouth instead of only through a feeding tube. The rest of the kids are
>>ours too. :-)
>>Here's the pics:
>>
>>http://steve.oliphant.org/Christmas04/
>
>Sheesh! Where do you guys find the time to read or write.
>
>Looks like a happy family. Congratulations.

LOL! Thanks, Gene. We are a happy family most of the time. :-) We have
great kids and I am thankful for each one of them and their very different
personalities. I can't imagine only having one or two, or even just three.
I have a lot of fun with the last three especially, simply because I have
been through all of those ages and stages and know when to stress and when
to relax.

Grandma aged ladies tell me that they wish they could have had more fun
with their kids. That is what I try to do; I don't feel secure enough in
thinking that I can just hurry up and raise my kids and enjoy my grandkids.
Who knows if I'll be around that long. So I spoil my kids with love and
cookies instead of waiting to do that for my grandkids. :-)

Best wishes,
Melody