homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our shameful infant mortality rate

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our shameful infant mortality rate
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:42:35 -0500

James, I agree that obesity does create many, many health problems.
However, though I am not as thin as I used to be, I am not "grossly
overweight" either.

Melody, in all such discussions as this there are stark exceptions. Recall Lynda's predisposition to counter any observation on health (or anything else for that matter) by placing the word "all" in it and restating it as if it were the persons position or posit. For example, in discussions on smoking (not on this list) someone will always point to Uncle Hershel who smoked two packs of unfiltered camels a day and lived to be 96 - so obviously smoking has nothing to do with one's health, anyone's health.

Resist, Melody, countering such observations as are on the table before us now by saying that it has to be all or nothing. People die suddenly and for no apparent etiology all the time. It doesn't follow that there is nothing we can do to enhance our odds and preserve our health.

James