ch-scene - RE: Ditch the guns II

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Todd Morman" <tmorman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Ditch the guns II
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:37:54 -0400

First things first:

"it's a little annoying that you are responding to my blog post
here instead of on my blog"

Oh, please. Sorry you're not getting the hits and all, but the communal
give-and-take of Usenet has always been much more interesting than the
semaphore-signs-on-mountaintops discussions that come from dueling weblogs -
let alone dueling weblog *comments.* It's always been obvious to me that
it's far more democratic and productive to post thoughts in a communal
setting like this group with lots of smart folks and no one in control,
rather than post in the comments section of a weblog owned by one person.

For all the blogging hysteria, it's never come close to the intimacy of
Usenet.

todd sorry to drag you back but really it kicks blogging's ass from here to
Tuesday morman