ch-scene - RE: Ditch the guns II

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Todd Morman" <tmorman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Ditch the guns II
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:27:08 -0400

Bo: "'I'm not going to do it, and neither should you'...requires a
higher standard of personal actions and comments if one wants to avoid
accusations of hypocrisy."

Come on, y'all, it's obvious that Ruby is being hypocritical on this one.
So's Brian, I'm guessing, since he's yet to respond to my rather gently
phrased questions about his own position. At this point, the obnoxious and
patronizing tone both of them took in raising this issue can only be taken
as an expression of their own feelings of uncertainty and guilt about *their
own* continued support of a business that sells guns. The people who've been
"hiding their heads in the sand" about guns as they patronize the Starlite
seem to be, er, Ruby and Brian. The only consistent position they can take -
if they want to really earn the moral high ground they attempted to grab in
raising this pressing community issue for the rest of us ostriches - is a
complete boycott of the business. That they haven't boycotted the Starlite
speaks volumes about their lack of clarity.

todd which I guess explains why they didn't raise their flags in a more
honest way morman