ch-scene - Re: Ditch the guns II

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Rawls <jcmidrange AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Ditch the guns II
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:05:41 -0700 (PDT)

For what it's worth, I think the Starlite was a
way safer theater than that $1 (or are second run
theaters $2 now?) second run theater on Blue Ridge Rd
in Raleigh. That place has had quite a few car break
ins, fires, and burglaries in recent years. I doubt
the guns used in those heists were purchased at the
Starlite, but it does present quite a conundrum...you
have to understand my grandmother refused to take me
to a drive in theater in Jacksonville, NC to see
Breakin' in 1984 because "too many marines would be
hanging out there". So I was confused at an early age
as to what constitutes a safe theater. I've since
learned marines are damn sure unsafe to be around.

Rawls