ch-scene - Re: Ditch The Guns II

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Nathaniel Florin <npflorin AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ditch The Guns II
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:20:25 -0700 (PDT)

> Automobiles probably kill more people than guns do;
> why not ban them?

Dogs kill far more people than tigers. Why not replace
Fido and live like Siegfried & Roy?

> I wonder what the national statistics are for folks
> who die from being
> stabbed, strangled, poisoned, beaten to death, or
> run down intentionally
> with a car?

According to the Dept. of Justice, from 1993 to 2001,
70% of homicides were committed with a gun (56% of the
total involved a handgun).

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/ascii/wuvc01.txt

Murder by strangling and knifing and all take a very
long time, and are thus physically and mentally
difficult. Alfred Hitchcock taught me that.

Nate