cc-metadata - Re: metadata fun

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: metadata fun
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:28:04 -0700

Conrad Parker wrote:
My work is mainly on audio and video software around Ogg (xiph.org) and
Annodex (annodex.net) -- Annodex involves putting generic, timed
metadata in media files, and surfing and crawling that in a web-like way.

What is "generic" metadata?

I gave a presentation at the European Gnome conference GUADEC about
Annodex, and pushed Creative Commons tagging quite heavily in that.
Recently I've been chatting with artists, musicians and developers about working together to make Free Software tools support CC tagging.

Cool.

http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21